iOSDevCamp 2011, San Jose, California
This app was developed for the iOSDevCamp 2011 Hackathon.
WhirlyGraph was developed using WhirlyGlobe, an open source 3D world toolkit by Steve Gifford.
WhirlyGraph won the "Best International App" award during this event.
- Steve Gifford, consultant, founder of mousebirdconsulting
- Brian Chapados, software engineer and scientist, Personal Website
- Andy Lee, Chief Innovation Officer and co-founder of iHomeEducator, Inc.
- Pinch and zoom across the 3D Globe
- Tap and hold on a country for a web view to wikipedia corresponding to the country
- Single tap on one or more countries, then select a data set from the top left 'bar chart' icon which will display a popover. Data sets are then used to 'loft' the selected countries up to show analytical data.
mousebird consulting is founded by Steve Gifford who has a couple of decades of experience in software development. He specializes in mobile computing, particularly for the iPhone, visual simulation, and computational geometry.
Andy Lee is the co-founder of iHomeEducator, Inc. a leading publisher of mobile apps for iOS (iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch). The company has several educational apps where four were voted “Best Education Math Apps” for 2010. iHomeEducator, Inc. also works directly with authors and publishers to create educational apps which make teaching interactive and engaging for students.
ACT is an international grassroots advocacy and education organization representing more than 3000 small and mid-size information technology firms from around the world.