Sacramento, CA - June 13th, 2012 - Andrew Lee, co-founder and Chief Innovation Officer of iHomeEducator, Inc., is on the panel of Techcoire's Thought Leadership series "Making Success Out of Mobile".
With over a million Apps available on the various App Stores (Apple, Andriod, RIM, Getjar, Ovi, Carrier’s App Stores, etc.) and 30 Billion+ downloads, the “mobile app market” has become an economy of its own. With this kind of fragmentation, how do you monetize and get awareness for your mobile Apps? How do you become the next Angry Birds, Pandora or the Zynga of Mobile? In this panel, speakers from the most successful mobile applications companies will discuss topics on discoverability, distribution, and monetization models. Panelists will share their experiences with affiliate models, social media marketing, and new in-app payments and billing models. They will also discuss the importance of scaling and whether the promise of the single developer is still feasible. Issues to be discussed includes :
Monetization models: Freemium models with In App Advertising
- Paid Apps including subscriptions, M-commerce, In App purchase, rewards promotions, etc.
- Should you build your own payment acceptance schemes or rely on the App Store provider?
- Marketing models: your own Web site, Social Networks, social recommendations from within your app, mobile advertising
- Andrew Lee, iHomeEducator
- Brian Hoskins, Director, Microsoft
- Rich Foreman, Apptology
Moderator: Gopan Madathil