A 3-part series: Reports, Stories, and Essays.
iPlanToWrite Stories and Reports Quick Start Tutorial
1 Add Story or Report Title - define notes
2 Add Resources: Use this table like your research note cards. For stories take note of reference books, characters, and settings. For reports track resource reference material. Add to the resources table over time during the research phase.
3 Multiple chapters are written and saved to make up a story. While multiple topics are written for a report.
4 Assign one or more writers to each chapter or topic.
5 Run query reports on the database that can be emailed and sent to a public or private blog.
iPlanToWrite Essays Quick Start Tutorial
1 Define a category for your essay - see: type of Essay
2 Add Resources: These are like note cards. Track reference books, articles, websites, books, etc to be used in the essays.
3 One form is used for each 5-paragraph essay. Link in references, category, and writer.
4 Run query reports on the database that can be emailed and sent to a public or private blog.
The app provides a structured methodology of writing essays. The app focuses on a 5 - paragraph essay. Weekly writing assignments can be captured in the database and associated to a calendar. Writing assignments can be pushed into iCal and also emailed. Reports can be generated, emailed, and blogged to be shared. At a later date grades can be tracked with each writing assignment.
iPlanToWrite Essays contains the following views:
- Essay Definitions
- Date Entered (start date) - This is the entry date or the start writing date.
- Due Date (end date) - This is the date shown on the iPlanToWrite calendar. From a student's perspective the due date is the important date.
- iCal - when pushing the essay definition to iCal the app will set up a full day event with the name, start date, end date, and notes. This will then be pushed into iCal as a single day or multi-day event. Note we are experimenting with this new method of defining an event and if it works well we will roll it into our other student assignment apps.
- Resource, Publisher, and Author Definition - use MLA if desired in the resource name for the bibliography which will be printed in the reports.
- Category Definition - specify the type of Essay.
- Writer (Author) Definition - specify the writer name - this can be the student.
- Report Definition
**NOTE: All our apps support Voice Dictation with devices that support Siri.